16v fuel pumping woes

On 5:18:04 pm 11/16/05 Blake Irvin <blake@clockserver.homeip.net> wrote:
> cool - that is a very helpful list.  i've not had this car long
> enough to know how to think from the ground up.
>
> but i agree, fuel flow is number one - thanks for the advice!
>
> blake/

Fuel and spark.
And don't bother coming up here to watch me do this friggin' main pump.
I've caved. It'll go the the shop tomorrow, I'm at the end of my tolerance
after it siphoned fuel onto the floor when I detached the hoses to the
prepump. A lot of fuel. I'd done this twice this week with no issues, but
when it's freezing f'n rain outside and I can't open the garage door, then
it does this. I then proceeded to snap off the first fastener I touched
underneath the car. Fuel and spark takes on a whole new meaning where this
one is concerned.
Tick tick tick...hear that? It's either the deadline for the ETest
approaching swiftly or a bomb. Not sure just yet...

Cathy, a big huge wimp, and now probably flagged by the FBI for using the
word bomb...

post-script: I need to drive a Scirocco SO bad. And it just isn't gonna
happen, bloody weather.

Post-post script: Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....