16v fuel pumping woes

I don't mean to interrupt the flow of what you're doing here, but why not
ensure you have fuel delivery to the front of the car?  I don't think the
cold start injector is the problem.  If you're getting fuel out of the
injectors and getting spark, the car will likely fire and hopefully continue
to run.  If you're not firing, you need to check the basics.  Remove the
fuel line to the fuel distributor and bypass the fuel pump relay with a
jumper.  Make sure you're getting fuel.

If you are getting fuel to the distributor, check for spark (if you haven't
already).  If you have spark, check the fuel flow at the injectors (pull and
injector, bypass fp relay, remove air hose, lift plate, check pulled
injector for flow).  If no flow (assuming fuel delivery), consider the
possibility that the fuel distributor plunger is stock.  If flow and spark,
check ignition and valve timing.

Heck, just check to see if your spark plugs are getting wet.

What I'm saying is you should consider taking a building block approach,
working from the basic, larger systems to the smaller ones.  The list will
help if you wanna "cheat" and pick someone's brain on the likely culprit for
a smaller problem, but nothing will replace the basic checks outlined in the
Bentley for getting a starting problem solved quickly.

Jim
(in NJ and willing to help, but I'm guessing you live too far away)