16v fuel pumping woes

pulled the cold-start injector (5th fuel line off dist.)

cranked - no gas comes out of the injector, doesn't even smell like gas.

pulled terminal connecter off of cold start injector - connected to
my voltmeter - blacktoblack, redtoblue wires.

cranked -   minus-9v

so i guess it's the temp sensor?  (or maybe more wiring/ground
issues?  ewwww)

blake/

(oh - also connected center distributor terminal to ground first, as
per bentley)