WAS Job offer NYC, now Holy Crap they want me!!!

He'll be driving the R32, he won't see 30mpg after making sushi!

Marc Getty <marc@getty.net> wrote:Chris Bennett wrote:
> Best part of this is that I will be given an
> allowance for my car (that I will drive from
> site to site and to the airport regularly)
> Yea I know mileage... but I have two
> Scirocco's and hell--they are going to pay
> me to drive my car! Talk about loving your
> job! (I only have to carry a laptop, a small
> tool bag and a few spare circuit
> cards.)

If you get the old $0.405/mile reimbursement standard or the new/temporary
$0.485/mile reimbursement standard you can be GOLDEN! That is $485.00/month
if you do 50 miles a day/1000 miles a month travel. At 30 MPG and
$2.50/gallon it should only be $83.00 in gas for the month for 50 miles a
day, leaving $402.00 for car maintenance, insurance, tickets, etc. NOT TO
SHABBY! That is $4824 tax free that you can invest right back into your car.

Last year I made $1403.73 in mileage reimbursement to drive from Philly to
Denver and back for work. That sure was a nice piece of change to pick up.
It's a shame I blew 1/2 of it on a beer run at the shop down the street from
Salty!

-Marc