welders, come here

On 11/13/05, Phil Boeye <rocco_phil@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Wot a PITA - the only classes I can find around here
> are entire semester classes at the local community
> colleges or trade schools.  No weekend workshops or
> anything.  Hey, I just want to be able to do a few
> things, not be an ironworker.  WTF?  Seems it would be
> better to fab what I need up to the point of welding
> and then take it to a machine shop or something...

In that case, I'd suggest buying a couple "How-to" MIG welding books
(or search for the online equivalent).  Go to your local equipment
rental place, and rent a MIG for a day and screw around with a bunch
of scrap steel.  It really isn't hard.  With sound theory behind you
(books/research), all it takes is some practice...  It would help if
you have someone with you that has some experience, but not totally
necessary...

Later,

Mark.
75