Whatever - NOW: what matters aside from Sciroccos - BEER!

Mike wrote:
> Even nicer when the help is on the ball and doesn't let me
> sit for ten minutes with an empty in front of me. I hate
> that. I guess I just need to train the ones up here. Not
> like the old bar when I lived in Springfield, VA... I had
> them trained good. Would bring me a fresh one when there
> was still an inch left in the old one. They were tipped well
> and they deserved it.

Where I used to live there was a place that my friends and I had trained
pretty well. They would bring a fresh pitcher just before we needed it.
Perfect. Unfortunately the same place would bring the receipt once the three
of us reached six pitchers. Something about two pitchers per person rule or
some bullshit like that. :-( WTF?

Cathy wrote:
> Well, I don't feel I've even scratched the surface of what's
> out there, so perhaps we could set up a little beer tasting
> club, you know, if you donate "x" bottles for tasting, you can
> also sample, not by drinking a whole bottle, but maybe by
> sampling part of a cupful. I can't manage that much without
> my head remindng me to lay off, you know? But I'd love a sip
> of this and that.

ole blue responded:
> Well, well, You got my attention. I am not much of a beer
> drinker but I do like your idea. Maybe a beer taste off at
> Cincy would be a good event.I would be willing to supply a
> few bottles of Rattle Snake.(for real).Maybe a few racks of
> BBQ ribs would cleanse the pallet of the samplers. How many
> takers do you think there would be.

I'm definitely down for doing this with some Cincy folks. With any luck I
should be able to debut the 1/4 keg with CO2 tank in a cooler contraption
that I'm planning at Winter Beater Wars, well before Cincy. I'd be happy to
bring a 1/4 keg and perhaps some bottles of some fine potent brew to share.

As for food I don't eat much pork (ribs are on my no-no list) and don't care
for brisket but I'm sure I can find some alternate form of chunks somewhere.

-Marc a.k.a. Getty the beer snob a.k.a. Nazi