8v to 16v conversion how much work?

I agree with Larry. It is a long project. I had the engine assembled on a
stand and ready to go.
I went over the change over step by step. got the tools ready and all the
baggies etc ready for the start of the pull Friday night.
The transaxle and associated aprts were cleaned and painted in one day or a
bit more.
Borrowing an engine hoist helped a whole lot.

I am not trying to put you off, but have a spare car borrowed for the trip
to the auto parts store for the belts that are too short. The bolts that are
stripped etc.

Remember the Scirocco owners motto "be Prepared"

Julie Macfarlane
"Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
DSM4 entry: "Masochism: See Scirocco"
1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y