A happy and sad day, I may be at the end of my VW days

On 11/10/05, Kervin <carsandkites@gmail.com> wrote:
>   I got a new to me 2002 Mercedes C230 coupe.

Sweet car Kervin!  What color is it?

>  I think of it as a modern day Scirocco.

I've thought the same thing...  My Audi Coupe Quattro (which I sold
today) is even closer...

>  I've only had it a few days,
> but I think my Scirocco days are numbered.

Well until you drive it in the rain with bald tires and bounce it off
a few guardrails that is...  (:D  I can just hear "Getty" grumbling at
that one...)

> Then I started thinking about how much money
> my 86 8v is worth as a whole.  I don't think I could get much more
> than $900 which is sad.  On the other hand, the Momo steering wheel,
> the 2 4K trannys, the polished and ported head, 4-2 manifold and the
> downpipe will bring more on ebay than that.  Does anyone think I could
> get someone to pay $2000 for my car?  Please speak up.

Unfortunately Sciroccos aren't considered "true" classics yet (if
ever)...  The only way I found to make money from selling them is
importing rust free southern cars up to the rust belt...  Most modded
Sciroccos don't sell for half of what they're worth in parts...

I don't think you'd get $2000 parting it though - I'd bet it's still
worth more as a complete car (maybe not much though).

Well if you do abandon Scirocco-life, check in from time to time.
You're one of the coolest Scirocco owners I've met.  Good luck to you
Kervin...

Later,

Mark.