Sage Thoughts...

On 3:17:30 pm 11/10/05 "Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I started hearing weird sounds coming from the new axle installed the
> other day. I cjhecked the wheels this morning and found the DS axle
> nut ALMOST off...
> Driving to work I thought of all the nuts and bolts I did tighten and
> checked before driving.
>
> What are some good quotes we can work by?
>
> Measure twice. Cut once
> Not sure? Tighten again.

For all things fastened:"Finger tight, less a quarter turn, is not tight
enough"

And in the case of hub nuts, the spec is "RFT" (Daun's rule)

For body concerns, to quote my daughter, after being T-boned by a "Goolie"
in her Cabby,"It'll buff out".

So there you have it.

Cathy "Plans are for the weak" Boyko