biofuel questions-non rocco

I recall a few biofuel diesel comments in the past and wondered if any one is
making there own? I hear some wild stories about getting 45mpg on burger
kings fry machine runoff, or sunflower oil, or Yak extracts etc. I realized how
little I know about it when a friend who wants to convert a Freightliner
("sprinter" delivery van) to run on the stuff, and asked me where he could by
methane.  Does anyone know where you can by ready to use biofuel in michigan? Or can
a smart person make it?  Thanks, Michael