8v to 16v conversion how much work?

yea VA police suck...lol especially when they figure out you have a radar detector.  ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces+chris.p.bennett=navy.mil@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+chris.p.bennett=navy.mil@scirocco.org]On
Behalf Of Phil Boeye
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 19:36
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Re: 8v to 16v conversion how much work?

Yes, as I said...

It's just my opin, but I sat down and figured things
out for a spec 16v engine and full motronic upgrade.
The parts, added up, will kill you.  Well, it did me.
Here's what I came away with - the power upgrade isn't
worth the cost.  Better to go into forced induction if
you are already talking money.

Yeah, more complex and you start dinking with
alternate fuel and ignition stuff, but there you get a
serious step up in power.  Since I like stoplight
power and backroad power, the 8v rules the road for
me.  I am rarely out on the highway for that long, and
VA police - well...