8v to 16v conversion how much work?

 I'm still wondering how much work, time and $$$ I would need to convert the
84 8v to 86 16v since I have a donor car and extra parts.

You can't really "convert" an '84 8v engine to an '86 16v engine,  and you
can't change an '84 (8v) car to an '86 (16v) car.
  What you can do is swap a 16v engine into your '84.

If you aren't "much on projects", I'd forget it.
This is a major project.  Not impossible...it's beeen done more than
once...but major.
Don't let yourself believe it can be done in a long weekend, with a scissors
jack and a Cresent wrench.

Larry
sandiego16v