How did you get your first....

The year was 1977.  I was 7.  Our friends got a Scirocco.

We got a Rabbit.  Panama Braun (orange) Basic Model, rubber floors. It
was our first 2nd car and the first import my dad owned since a 1959
Jaguar XKE (sold because it was a shitty grocery-getter.  Would be worth
300K now.)  Our other cars were like an LTD or a Montego woody wagon and
then a 79 Gran Prix.  But there was something about the way that Rabbit
moved that caught my attention.  A little clutchy-clutch, a little
brakey-brake.  I watched and I knew I wanted to try it.  Luckily it was
still around when I turned 16 even if it needed work.  I sold my soul
right then.

I drove it for several more years into the 90s.  I remember picking it
up from the place that welded new floors in on Halloween 1991.  We had a
big storm, like 30" of snow in one day.  I don't recall if I was driving
that or a Mazda B2000 the day I saw my first rocco on the street by the
University of Minnesota.  Black on black 83 Wolfie.  For Sale, $1400 I
think.  Just drooled again, but now I could get it.  Und I deed!