How did you get your first....

First VW was an 84 Jetta TD that I bought in 89.  Still have it.   First
scirocco was an 80S that was in the paper as a parts car.  "Won't  start" the
owner said.  I was looking for some cool wheels for a 78 Audi  Fox I had at the
time.  Guy said it had some custom ATS 13x6 wheels.   Went to look at the car
and offered the guy $400 for the whole car.  "Sure"  he says.  While I'm poking
around trying to figure out why it won't start I  notice the little wiring
harness that's normally on the starter is  missing.  He says he found a small
harness under a tree a few weeks ago and  didn't know where it went.  He figured
pack rats had gotten to his  car.  I plugged it in, fired it up, said "have a
nice day!" and drove it  home.

Current collection is:

76 Roc
78 Roc