wheels

On 9:06:04 pm 11/03/05 Blake Irvin <blake@clockserver.homeip.net> wrote:
> heh - that's always been what i liked best, too.
>
> have an uncle who drives s2000 and NSX - he says one should stick
> with same diameter as stock wheel - get a bigger rim to enable lower
> profile/less rolly tire.
>
> of course honda/acura cars have very different looks from my scirocco
>
> i probably need to weigh these babys too - what is a good weight for
> a 15-16" wheel (ie, what's best for the 16v)?
>
> blake/

My wheel/tire combo (16V) weighs in at 32 lbs per corner. That's on the
light side, I'd say 35ish is about normal for most Rocco wear. (my bug's
must be 50lbs, they seem SO heavy to lift.) Stiffer/lower sidewalls are
fine for the corners, but they can be rim benders on bumps. And without a
decent suspension, it's not that helpful, my bug's got the lowest I have
(45series) but the suspension is shitty, so she still wallows like a sow in
a mud puddle. The MkI has a good suspension, but terrible, tall tires, so
it's not up to potential. Then there's "her silver highness". She gets
everything, and corners nicely. Hopefully all three will by next year. But
it takes $$$, eh?

Cathy