bing-bing -- possible Mk1 instead...

On 7:54:35 pm 11/01/05 Phil Boeye <gooddane66@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, for whatever reason I have not been hearing back
> from this dude on my future 84.5 pewter baby.  Not
> sure what is going on - I'll call out there tonight.
>
> In the meantime, just perusing the vortex, I got wind
> of THIS:
> http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2267829
>

> Now due to the apartment fiasco situation right now, I
> have decided I'll wait on a Mk1 until I get another
> house (which, day by day, becomes more important if
> only for rocco issues).  But somehow this Mk1 is
> SCREAMING AT ME!
>
> What is that color called?  It is so unique.  I am all
> for unique colors and all that.  A Mk1 rocco - unique.
>  A whatever that color is - even more so.
>
> While I absolutely love all the other guy has done to
> his Pewter grey roc (as I have mentioned in another
> post), I would not feel a damn bit too sad if that
> fell through as I would get this puppy in a heartbeat.
>
> Mk1ers - check it out and please give me some head's
> up.
>
> Thanks,
> RoccoPhil

If it's rust free, what's that really worth? (a hell of a lot, let me tell
you)
I love the list, if it's for sale, it's too much, if its theirs, and in an
accident, the price is too low. This one is likely WELL above market price,
but if its what you want, it's not like it's off by $10,000 or something.
(It's only money) Hell, you'd lose the asking price driving any new car off
the lot. I paid too much for my 16V, and I'm glad I have it, I have yet to
see another one that colour (Arctic Blue Metallic, stock colour). It's more
about how clean the car really is, and what you have to spend. And if it's
a MkI, you'd better learn to splice wires...lowball the guy and see what
happens, you never know.
Cathy, a MkIer, and 16Ver some of the time.
MkI rot has taken over my brain....