Oil cooler seal not sealing!!!

Just replaced my seal due to cooler replacement.  I've
also had one blow due to brittleness.  Common on an
old car, I think.  They get incredibly hard and are
susceptible.

But IMO, the o-rings on oil FILTERS aren't as thick is
the OEM o-ring sealer that is placed between the
flange and cooler itself.  My guess is that is the
ultimate problem and it shifted under pressure after
some point.

Would go OEM and make sure it doesn't shift on you as
you are working the oil cooler back up the shaft into
place to bolt it up.  Clean the oil cooler up well and
use some gunky oil blob or something to make it a
little tacky against the cooler.  You should then be
gTg.

-RoccoPhil