"List"ory

On 11:37:26 pm 10/31/05 Nate Mellom <doubt@inwave.com> wrote:
> Just reading through the list archives (planning on dropping a big
> surprise in the next day or two, looking to see how the last one
> started), and it seems I've been a Scirocco owner since October 25,
> 1999 and a list member since October 27, 1999.  How times have
> changed! Listers came and went, some of you have been around longer
> than I have, but the information and camaraderie is still the best.
> I finally made it to Cincy this year, and it certainly won't be my
> last.  I was so damn naive back in them days, I called my '84 8v a
> "Carman".  I didn't even spell it right!
> Happy anniversary to me!
> Nate

Happy anniversary Nate! I've been strolling down memory lane myself, not
through the archives, but with other holy relics, my own stacks of photos
and bills. That's right, I'm doing <gasp> a scrapbook for each car, an
activity I'd highly recommend. I'd forgotten about a lot of stuff I'd done
to them, and I actually made notes when I got the 16V, which are pretty
comical. My approach to the second car was so much different than the
first, since I knew the list and was no longer afraid of stuff like motor
swaps. Yeah, it's good to look back, I'd show up on list around fall 2000 I
imagine, green as the friggin grass.

Cathy