Pre/Post Waterfest .Org Skydiving Excursion

On 5/29/05, Marc Getty <marc@getty.net> wrote:

> As if the unbridled mayhem of Waterfest were enough, all are welcome to
> join Mk1 Mark and myself who will be taking the craziness to a new level!
> The subject has been talked about on the list in December '04, that's right,
> skydiving!

I've jumped out of a perfectly good airplane three times now, but only
from 3000ft - so I have yet to experience true freefall.  I can't
wait!

I don't think I'm quite ready for the "Extreme Tandem Freefall" though
(jump from 14,000 from a hovering helicopter!).  If you're wondering
why that's any worse (or better!) than jumping from a plane - when you
jump from a moving airplane you don't experience a "rollercoaster
rush" because you "arc" out of the plane (you're already going
50(?)mph so as you arc out of the plane the transition to freefall
isn't really noticable).  Jumping 0-120mph from a staitionary balloon
or helicopter would be SO INSANE!  I'll have to get at least one
regular freefall under my belt before even considering doing that...

If you've ever considered trying skydiving, just do it!  I'm actually
quite scared of heights (well, widths really...), but tried it to
conquer a fear.  They're some of the most memorable moments in my life
so far - a total rush, but then complete calm as you silently float
around like a bird for several minutes before landing...  I highly
recommend the experience to anybody...

So who's in?!?  :D

Later,

Mark.