From: "Scourge" <scourge@cogeco.ca>
To: "Sciroccolist" <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: Stuff for sale at Cincy. Now: Roof rack madness

Well, lol, that's a lot of people interested in the roof rack. So I'm just
responding to the list.
The roof rack comes with 11 pieces.
2 bars that run the length of the roof
2 that go across the roof attached to the first two
1 flat piece lays across the roof tying the two bars together at the front
4 blocks to bolt the cross pieces on
2 brackets that bolt on under the hatch shocks(no mods required) and hold
the bars to the car at the back

I think I'm missing a couple of the bolts to attach the length bars to the
cross pieces, but I'm sure you can get them at any hardware store. The cross
pieces are plastic coated and the coating is starting to bubble a bit, it
has ripped in one spot and there's a bit of rust underneath it. The blocks
to attach the cross bars are also a little rusty. The only rust one these
pieces is surface rust, and it was all there when I got it. If I was going
to actually keep this stuff, I'd rip the plastic off the cross bars and the
them and the blocks sandblasted and powdercoated.
I am looking for more then $100 for this as it is the only one I've seen.
Obviously I'd like as much as I can get for it, but not something
ridiculous. I don't want to pit everyone against each other(I got quite a
few emails, lol). Soo.....silent auction??  lol
What do you guys think the best way to go about this would be??
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/scourge133/roofrack.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/scourge133/Roofrackclose.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/scourge133/Blackyroofraack.jpg

-George