[OT: TDI] Eternal error code & stealership

UPDATE:  This stealership was recently rebuilt in the fancy glass format
you see in the commercials and is apparently one of the top 5 in the
country.  Pretty fancy-pants all around.

We weren't getting out without the diagnostic fee and though I will do
the glow plugs later, I threw them a bone and let them fix a temp
sensor.  The service manager was knowledgeable and I talked with the
tech afterwards.  He was cool too.  Whatever.

She got mailed a flyer for a $50 Home Depot gift certificate for test
driving a new Jetta so we went to the showroom.  The saleslady was nice
and since we were TDI people, we asked to drive one.  They had just
gotten their first one in so we got to help peel the protective stickers
off!  Later we got to try the funf zylinder as well!   We drove it to
Home Depot and spent $42 including a new rake that tested the cargo
compartment.  I'll do a separate post on my opinions of the car later.

One more thing:  the tan (yellow) trim options now in fashion again are
hideous!  Buy a Phaeton and see that every day?  Clashing with the wood
and black trim?  Aaaargh--poke my eyes out first.