CIS gurus? Mind helping me out?

If you have access to an earlier-style ignition setup (distributor and
ignition module from a car without knock sensor), you could easily test if
that pesky system is a possible source of your trouble. Dropping in a
distributor with vacuum and mechanical advance systems and plugging in the
corresponding ignition module would be quick and tell you if that is where
your problem is.

We've talked about the rest: CIS system and control pressures, injector
spray pattern and output, intake air leaks, fuel distributor...
If it were me, I'd try the earlier ignition setup first to narrow the
search. Then you can say for sure whether you are talking about an ignition
problem or something else.

Cris