cat price/quality + NOx question

On Wed, 18 May 2005 18:48:45 -0400, David Utley <fahrvegnugen@cox.net> wrote:

> Local boiling is a property of the normal antifreeze/water mix, at least accoring to these people...
> evanscooling.com
>Navigating their website is like pulling teeth with tweezers, but here is a general blurb on it...
>http://evanscooling.com/main25.htm
>Somewhere on there, they reprinted the article that european car did way back on the stuff.  TT
> spoke highly of it.  BTW, they have a newer formula where you don't have to modify the cooling
> system at all...
>There is all sorts of info on coolant that you did not realize you did not want to know until you read
> it...
>I don't sell the stuff, I am just happy with it...  28 degrees of initial advance on my JH, and more
> powah....
>David

Now that is interesting.  ~$90 for lifetime uber-coolant .. just seems like a good investment all round, if it does what they say it does.

I'm curious, in order to drain every last drop of the old mix, did you have to do anything more than the usual, i.e. drain the radiator & expansion tank, and blow out the heater core?  They are pretty emphatic about getting all of the water out of the system first.

Leo