Chinese market door handles

Tim McConnell wrote:
> I have electric locks in my car - I chopped up the doors to get them
> in though. I also removed the trunk lock - and I use a trunk actuator
> to pop it open. I replaced the lock with a steel plate, and got a VW
> logo from a jetta and glued it to the hole - fits perfect.
>
> My battery is huge - I've left my lights on all night and still was
> able to start it later.
>
> But I do keep the driver's side door with a key in working order.
> That's just in case.
>
> I have a bit if wiring info for a viper car alarm on my site there.

	You could put two batteries (say, one off an Acura Integra) and have a
circuit to run off one most of the time and off both when you crank the
car. That same friend witht he frankenrabbit did that to his vanagon.
FYI, after he sold the vanagon, I've inherited the battery.  It has been
used in my diesel Mercedes, then, my A2 Jetta, and now my A3 Jetta. It
is also a Wal-Mart battery with the lowest warranty possible.