alt problems

julie,

i was reading up on doing an alternator swap yesterday.  i read that
there is a sending wire (blue, maybe) that sometimes breaks.
apparently the alt are designed to "engage" and charge with
sufficient rpms, so you are noticing this engagement.  check the
bentley for the specific sending / activation wire, but i think this
is the problem.

can't find yesterday's link, but you can probably google a match.

-george
78 champagne edition
charlotte, nc

i need vent windows