Could a badly placed clutch....

Pressure plate problems?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Neptuno" <neptunonc@yahoo.com>
To: "Scirocco-L" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 3:02 PM
Subject: Could a badly placed clutch....

> Could a badly placed clutch cause damage to the engine? mainly a rod,
cranck shaft bearing?

> Reason I ask is cause my GFs' mustang has reacebtly gone into the shop for
what I suspected was a bad ajusted clutch. The thing is that last mont or so
they told her that she needed a clutch the dealer replaced it and also did
an oil change. Once the car came home the clutch felt weird and would
shudder at engament on a steep grade or even on sligth ones.

> A noise started to develope whre a tapping,knoking or clacking was getting
louder in the engine.....But I know nothing of those fords and here I am
asking people with better know how about cars....

> The car is a 96 V6 with only 70K, regulary mantained, oil changes on the
mark and driven with discresion.