Could a badly placed clutch....

Could a badly placed clutch cause damage to the engine? mainly a rod, cranck shaft bearing?

Reason I ask is cause my GFs' mustang has reacebtly gone into the shop for what I suspected was a bad ajusted clutch. The thing is that last mont or so they told her that she needed a clutch the dealer replaced it and also did an oil change. Once the car came home the clutch felt weird and would shudder at engament on a steep grade or even on sligth ones.

A noise started to develope whre a tapping,knoking or clacking was getting louder in the engine.....But I know nothing of those fords and here I am asking people with better know how about cars....

The car is a 96 V6 with only 70K, regulary mantained, oil changes on the mark and driven with discresion.

Thank you,
el Tony

Yahoo! Mail Mobile