gas gauge (again)

Yes, you can get to it from the panel under the rear seat.  You have the
bentley?

Violet with black stripe wire should be coming out of the instrument
cluster and going to pin E12 on the fuse box.  Then at pin F12 another
violet with black stripe comes out of the fuse box and goes to the sending
unit.

Sending unit has 2 wires, ground (brown) and the violet/black.  Since the
wires are cut, see if you can just splice the violet and black from the
instrument cluster to the violet and black coming out of the fuse box at
F12.

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

1981 Scirocco S (TDI swap project)
1981 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel -FOR SALE-
1990 Corrado TDI -FOR SALE-
1990 Fox Wagon
1991 Cabriolet (2.0 crossflow 8v project)
1994 Jetta GL