gas gauge (again)

Didn't get a whole lot of response last time and since I just found out I'm soloing it to Cincy I'd REALLY like to rig something up. I'm pretty sure the sender is still in the tank and everything is there, just the wire to the dash gauge is cut. Where are the wires/sender, in that hole under the rear seat or on the underside of the car somewhere? Can I just run a wire from the sender straight to the gas gauge? This is for an 81 mk1 S btw.

Thanks,
Dan

Yahoo! Mail Mobile