Oops...

No damage to the rim.  Drove it earlier to pick up my daughter from
school and it seems fine. No new noises or shimmies or anything.  On
the bright side, it doesn't pull to the left anymore.  :)  I did have
to push the wheel well out a bit in the front as it rubbed the tire on
right turns.  Fortunately I discovered that before I got out of the
driveway and remedied the situation in about 2 minutes.  Also, no
puddles under the car.  So, from the looks of things it seems to be
cosmetic damage.  I'll go take some pics and post them in a minute.