What's the procedure for title transfer in CA?

Hi list,

What are the specifics involved in transfering a vehicle title to a
non-resident of California?  I'm looking into getting the 75 I bought
from Noel Browning transported on a hauler to Ohio for Cincy pickup,
and need to know what the proper procedure is to do this.  Since I'm
not going to be there, does the previous owner simply have to sign the
title over and send it along with the car?  Does it need to be
notarized?

Thanks for any help.

Mark.
75