Re: what's this hissing sound?

I'll check that.  I have had the dash apart for a month or two now
because I had to repair a leak and I didn't want to put anything back
together until I can get up there and fix some of the rattles.  So
it's definitely a possiblility.  Diagnosing the problem during my
commute, I am sure the sound is coming from the right (passenger) side
of the car, but I was unable to distinguish whether it was coming from
behind or in front of the driver's seat.

Thanks,
matt.