Re: Coilovers

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 08:32:12 -0500, Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
Anybody on the list have any experience with coilovers?
Comments?
Recommendations?

One problem you might run into when converting to coilovers is that
the inside of your wheels might rub against the coilover sleeve.  The
modified A2 setup on my 75 track car (BSI system with double
adjustable koni's)  does this, and 5mm wheel spacers were needed to
provide the required clearance...  The outside diameter of the
threaded collar is larger than the stock strut tube (with any coilover
I've seen), so you may run into this problem no matter what setup you
choose with your current wheels...  If you're buying new wheels, some
calculations on proper backspacing and offset are in order over the
standard recommended specs for our cars...

HTH,

Mark.
75
80 S