Re: Re: Coilovers

From: "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 2005/03/09 Wed AM 08:22:05 EST
To: <fahrvegnugen@cox.net>
CC: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Re: Coilovers

So, David. When you say "the arm that extends from the strut itself sits in a higher position" are you talking about the two tabs that straddle the hub carrier (where the eccentric camber adjustment bolts goes) or the steering arm?
I'm confused cause Neal was talking about a modified A1 strut housing with an A2 strut.
You're clearly talking about a different setup that involves more A2 parts, but I'm not sure I understand if it's just the strut housing or also the hub carrier.
Could you elaborate?
Dan

Hello, Mr. Half-Cocked here...  ;-)

Yeah, I was indeed talking about the A2 strut body itself.  I was trying to pass on that the steering arm is higher, making the tie-rods more parallel to the ground and therefore less-likely to induce bump steer...

Apologies for not reading carefully, I am serving the mechanics this week.  The normal fella that does this is on vacation...  [Yonkers accent] I'm stressin' Ova Heyre...[/Yonkers]

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car
'82 pickup, 2.0 16V, collecting dust...