Re: In search Of: throttle valve cable for an automatic (!) 1984 Scirocco

From: Mauricio Tavares <raub@kudria.com>
Date: 2005/03/09 Wed AM 07:27:57 EST
To: Scirocco-l <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: In search Of: throttle valve cable for an automatic (!) 1984
	Scirocco

I know this is amazing, but true: I have a Mk2 Scirocco which was born with an automatic transmission. It has been having a problem with upshifting which seems to have to do with the throttle valve cable (the cable that goes from the transmission to the throttle body): for whatever reason it stretched to the point I cannot adjust it any longer.

I went to the stealer and they want $170 for it. Ouch! So, I was wondering if any of you may have one of those cables laying around, say because of converting a car from AT to MT. If you do, please think on me. =)

It may be a silly question, but have you tried to adjust all the slack out of it?

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car
'82 pickup, 2.0 16V, collecting dust...