RE: headgasket and tranny fluid questions

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org [mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Doug C.
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 9:29 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: headgasket and tranny fluid questions

Second, Is it possible to overfill a tranny with fluid?  I've always just filled through the filler hole, and it just runs out when it gets near full.  But I've got the speedo cable out and was going to add some fluid in that way.  Should I just add until it's at the top?

TIA
-Doug

No help on the gasket Q, but on the tranny Q, yes, you can over fill it.  If indeed it is a manual (which I assume it is), then it will not cause any damage, just a hell of a stinky mess (don't ask how I know).  However, all that is required to fill it is 2.1 liters.  Any more than that, and you run the risk of stinking things up. I personally have always just put two liters and said done, and not had any trouble with them since...

Not much help, but maybe a little...

David