Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 10:04 AM
Subject: RE: $150 aba here in OH

Unfortunately it's not quite that simple, the ABA is an 8V motor so bolting on a 16v head would drop the compression to around 8.2:1 at best. Great for a turbo motor but not so much for N/A you also need to install a 16v intermediate shaft to make it work.

This is a nice easy bolt in for the 8v guys but realy requires new pistons to work properly in a 16v application..... if you do want to spend the cheddar though it will make some fucking huge power.

Anson

Jim Ruffi <sciroccos@earthlink.net> wrote:
Just curious:
What is the net gain that I should expect from an aba bottom with a 1.8 16V
head, versus the std 1.8 stock 16V?
....more torque....noticeable?
thx
Jim