Slegato, aka "Billy and Gino's Excellent Adventure"

Hey there. Here's a typical bedtime story for you all, you know, about
Sciroccos and other German tales of woe.

So, I have had George (aka 'Billy') and Daun (aka 'Gino') hanging around
here, the concept was to head for Montreal with a few Marc/ks involved,
and rescue a Slegato.

Off we go, in the snow, meet up at Ikea, and head for the big highway.
Mark's Audi looked damn fine with the tow dolly attached, and I tagged
along in the trusty Beetle. But before hitting the highway, strange and
mysterious noises emerged from below the faithful tow beast. We pulled
into a side street, where Mark demonstrated the impressive traction of the
Audi, and the noises were in fact quite nasty. Suspecting a CV, we headed
back towards his place. The Audi groaned to a halt at the side of the QEW
a good ways short of his place. The engine revved, but the wheels didn't
turn. Not good. The tow truck eventually arrived, but by this time the bug
had also killed its battery and was dead too. Gotta love cars. We were all
pretty cold and wet by this point, so Mark headed home with the ailing
Audi and the rest of us headed back here for a stopover.

No sense quitting there, oh no, there was a car show. Rice never looked so
scary. There were wings on the wings, and a new all time low, subs with
spinners.

Some day, before long, Mark will get the Slegato here from Marc's. I have
to say, Mark F. is the nicest guy. Regardless, we had a good time waiting
for the tow truck. Scirocco people are such a bunch of whackos, put us in
a group, and we're happy. Even if the plan goes sideways. Perhaps
especially if the plan goes sideways. Hell, if we wanted predictable
lives, we'd be leasing Civics and Camrys.

Later, it's not over yet.....

Cathy