Re: 8V Cylinder head P/N help

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 03:05:20 -0800 (PST), Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com> wrote:
OK I'm confused. The basic question is, is the P/N cast into the cylinder head the same as the
actual cylinder head P/N? This may sound dumb, but I'm wondering if it's the P/N of the casting
itself vs. the P/N of the finished (machined) part. This would be typical of general practice
outside the car world.

The part number cast into the side of the cylinder head is for the
casting.  The part number that appears in the parts catalogue is for a
complete head, with hardware, valve guides etc. etc.  The casting part
number is rarely, if ever, listed as it's not available as a separate
part.

Drew
--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd