Tire choices/ fuel pump question

Okay, spring has nearly sprung and it's time to buy tires. So I'm sort of
between two, the present Dunlop 8000's have worn right down to the bars
with no complaint, I may get them again, but Toyo has a new tire, the
Proxes T1R, anyone running these?  Comparisons between the two? And the
tire guy said the size I'm running is too small (195/55/14), but I've not
had any problems. I'll probably go with that size again. But what say ye
of the Toyos?

Another thing, have any of you had running issues after running the car
out of gas? Mine sputtered going up a hill, but had enough gas once it got
on flat ground, and has run poorly since. Is this enough to damage but not
kill the pump do you think? Anyone had a pump "sort of" fail?

The car (the '79 8V) has been missing/stumbling when you push it, the
whole ignition system and most of the engine bay fuel stuff (distributor,
injectors, etc) have been replaced and I cleaned out various fuel screens,
but there still seems to be a bit of a miss, even at idle. This would be
the single pump variety (at least I think so...), so it can't be a bad
transfer pump. It's a CIS car.

Thanks...

--
Cathy
"It's not the result of when you get there, it's everything that can happen along the way" (some surfer dude on the Discovery Channel)