[SPAM] pillar trim removal

Good morning:

I figured the list was down this weekend, or just really slow...I guess we were all watching and wondering about it...

Anyhoo, my 16V's black vinyl B pillar and door trim is pretty beat.  I'm not sure I want to replace it.  I have the chemicals and patience to remove it and shine up the paint underneath, but is the paint under there usually up to snuff?  I've seen a few pics of "converted" ones but I wasn't sure whether or not they were repaints.  Any suggestions?

Also, what's your vote on vinyl vs naked?  This is a black car.

TIA

Jim