Re: POR-15 residue ?

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:50:18 -0800 (PST), Marko <marquez337@yahoo.com>
wrote:

After POR-15 is applied and cures, what does it look
like? Does it have a yellowish color and kind of
resemble fibreglass resin?

Shiny black, almost powdercoated look if evenly applied.

Depends what colour you get, the starter kit contains gloss black, which
does have an epoxy look to it, but it's not two parts like an epoxy, and
also absorbs water to cure. It's wierd stuff. Seems to be hard as nails. I
know for sure there is also a semi gloss black, and a silver, plus a few
other colours, and they have slightly different filling properties. It
does require a topcoat if it'll be exposed to UV. I haven't tried my
silver out yet, I just got it.

--
Cathy
"It's not the result of when you get there, it's everything that can happen along the way" (some surfer dude on the Discovery Channel)