Re: Wheel offsets

> If I have four wheels all the same width and offset, 15x6.5 38et. The front wheels stick out
farther than the rears, by how much do the front wheels stickout farther than the rears? I am
trying to determine what size spacers to buy.I want my back wheels to be even with the fronts,
or the backs slightly farther out than the fronts. Why are VWs set up like this anyways?

IMO it's to reduce understeer, which front-drive cars are all too good at doing.  If I had time
and a machine shop in my garage, I'd make longer control arms for the front to reduce understeer
as much as possible.  If you're worried about handling, don't widen the rear track, there's plenty
of grip there already.