Re: [Scirocco-l] Installing a High Torque Starter

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:12:50 -0600, Don Walter <dswalterwi@gmail.com>
wrote:

So on the reccomendation of the List I purchased a High Torque Starter
from Adirondack.  Nice and Shiney.  I have one question: My old
starter had two spade connectors terminal 15 and terminal 50  the new
one only has the terminal 50   How do I hook this one up to work and
what is the terminal 15 for?  The terminal 15 has two Red wires to it
and the terminal 50 has one larger fatter wire to it.

Why made you decide you needed a "high torque" starter?   Does a
standard starter spin your flywheel too slowly or bog down?  What is
your timing set at?  What's your c/r?

Gordon
75 Scirocco/Drake 1.9 8V
http://pws.prserv.net/scirocco/scirocco.htm