Re: [VWC] Aftermarket differentials Braking

On the diff subject, will a limited slip diff work to equalize braking as well as forward traction?? Might have to ask the Pelican himself on that one. It's been a couple of years since I played with a Torsen, but just from fiddling with it in my hands, it seemed as though it wouldn't. Since they bias the torque to the outside wheel in forward motion (i.e. the faster wheel), the slowest moving wheel gets a sort of free ride. In braking this would mean that a wheel that locks up would get the same metaphorical free ride. I'm sure there is some resistance there, and surely more than an open diff, but I'm wondering whether it really does its proper LSD action in braking. Anyone?

BH