Crossmember Bar design

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Fry [mailto:rocco16@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2005 9:37 AM
To: David Utley; Nate Lowe; Allyn
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Crossmember Bar design

* Not to nitpick too much Larry, but the front end on the Scirocco is only
> slightly similar to the Rabbit.  What's more is I have never seen nor
> heard
> of any Rabbit having this trouble.  Methinks this problem came from
> Karmann,
> and not Pennsyvania...
> David

That's my point, David.
The design was sufficient for the Rabbit, but when called upon to do duty
with a later, heavier 16V engine it was lacking and VW did not re-design it.
Sounds like a plausible theory, anyway, eh?

Larry
sandiego16v

Sure, it would indeed be plausible, but from where I am sitting I am not
sure the engine mount is really at fault.  There is force put upon it by the
engine, sure...  I'll hush...

David