Crossmember Bars POLL

Good pictures, Eric.  They show, in much better detail, the configuration of
the bar.  Looks like you were on the right track. Too bad there isn't room
in the car for a deeper Vee.  Looks like the existing angle is minimal
(about 5degrees?)...just not enough to resist much vertical stress. It
certainly helps....but there is room for improvement, methinks.
 Can you shorten up the end plates any?  That would put the ends of the bar
higher, thereby deepening the Vee AND making the end plates less flexible at
the same time.  The picture leads me to believe that this may be possible.
I think it would be of some benefit if you can do it....

And yes, I remembered the bar from days past as being perfectly straight.

Giving the bar a quarter-turn shows you were not leaving any stone unturned,
at least!  Unfortuately, since it is a square tube, it doesn't make any
difference stiffness-wise.  I'll still give you a point for effort.

Good luck.  It looks like you have some customers.  I hope you are charging
enough to make it worth your while...I know what it is like to sell
fabricated parts and only make about $3/hour on your labor!!  You deserve to
be fairly compensated.

Larry
sandiego16v