Crossmember Bars POLL

>is it -possible- that the real culprit could be that
> the body is twisting in the turns, and that it tends to break in the
> center
> where there are coincidentally holes for the front motor mount?

Entirely possible.
My first guess (key word) is that the poor design of the front engine mount
is the MOST LIKELY culprit....along with the lack of crossmember material
thickness.
If the twisting were a major contributing factor, then Eric's bar would have
little effect...since it adds little in the way of torsional rigidity.  If,
as the members maintain, the bar DOES help (not saying I agree, but that's
neither here nor there), that would be supporting evidence that torsion is
not a player.
Good thinking, though.

If my egotistical, idiotic rantings lead any of you to carefully consider
factualness (?) of claims (including my own) and/or explore other
possibilities, then I have accomplished my goal.  :)

Larry
code5coupe