From: Don Walter <dswalterwi@gmail.com>
To: Dan Bubb <jdbubb@verizon.net>
Cc: Scirocco List <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:20:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Near miss!

Rubber Hoses? Mine are all Braided Stainless Steel! But I need to run
out
and get a fire extinguisher just then same. Any one have a suggestion
for a
good extingisher, mounting braket and a good handy place to put it?

On 6/15/05, Dan Bubb <jdbubb@verizon.net> wrote:

> Well, we know how these cars have sympathy pains and can get jealous.
Just
> put too much effort into one of your VAG cars and the other ones
decide
> you're ignoring them and bust a part just to get your attention.
> It turns out they can hear too.
> I guess my 84 must have heard me talking about cutting him up. Didn't
know
> was just talking about his crossmember. So he decided he'd rather die
> fiery death than have me chop him limb from limb.
> Sneaky little bastard rubbed a big-assed hole in one of the rubber
fuel
> lines I had added from the filter to the fuel rail. I had just put
the car
> on ramps to fix a small bracket I had made and the underside was
soaked in
> fuel. When I raised the hood fuel poured out of the hood
reinforcements
> into
> the rain tray!
> I have an extinguisher, but it still would have been a hell of a mess
with
> the amount of fuel all over the place.
> Sheesh!
> Damn lucky it all happened in the driveway and not in rush hour
traffic
> (or
> for that matter on the road to Cincy!)
>
> All you guys with electronic injection or people that have swapped out
> sections of steel line for rubber; check your rubber lines often for
> abrasion!!!
>
> I'm starting to think we should develop a list of things to check
> periodically to make sure our cars are safe and sound.
>
> Dan

Don Walter - Waukesha, WI
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708939)
1986 2L 16V Toronado Red Scirocco (under repair)
1971 Karman Ghia (sold)
1969 Karman Ghia (sold)
1969 Beetle (sold)