Near miss!

Well, we know how these cars have sympathy pains and can get jealous. Just
put too much effort into one of your VAG cars and the other ones decide
you're ignoring them and bust a part just to get your attention.
It turns out they can hear too.
I guess my 84 must have heard me talking about cutting him up. Didn't know I
was just talking about his crossmember. So he decided he'd rather die a
fiery death than have me chop him limb from limb.
Sneaky little bastard rubbed a big-assed hole in one of the rubber fuel
lines I had added from the filter to the fuel rail. I had just put the car
on ramps to fix a small bracket I had made and the underside was soaked in
fuel. When I raised the hood fuel poured out of the hood reinforcements into
the rain tray!
I have an extinguisher, but it still would have been a hell of a mess with
the amount of fuel all over the place.
Sheesh!
Damn lucky it all happened in the driveway and not in rush hour traffic (or
for that matter on the road to Cincy!)

All you guys with electronic injection or people that have swapped out
sections of steel line for rubber; check your rubber lines often for
abrasion!!!

I'm starting to think we should develop a list of things to check
periodically to make sure our cars are safe and sound.

Dan